Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sience Fair Reflection

 In Te Ngahere we have been doing science fair. For my science fair project we were trying to find out which highlighter last the longest and to see if the cheapest highlighter last longer then the most expensive.  

The things I learnt was about fair testing a science experiment, fair testing a science experiment is when you only changed one variable. I also learnt about a control variable,  dependant variable and a independent variable. I learnt that a control variable is the variables that doesn’t change, the dependant variable is a variable  you can use to measure something and a independent variables are the variables that change. 

What I found hard was trying to find the topic at the start. Another thing I found hard about  my experiment was trying to figure out the best way to measure how long each brand of highlighter lasted.

We found  out if we had a wooden  meter ruler and a big piece of paper that was longer than a meter ruler we could rule meter  lines until all the ink runs out, Then we can count the lines at the end.

  The ink was going onto the ruler so we thought next time we can change the meter ruler into a plastic ruler or a metel ruler. The highlighters we were testing  were  Stabilo Boss, Office Max and Bic Marking. 

We found out that Stabilo Boss lasted the longest and Officemax and Bic Marking lasted the least.

The hoe I think I used the most was Kaha because when it was hard I didn’t give up and I kept going and I ended up finishing my science project.

Have you ever had a science fair?


1 comment:

  1. Hi I´m Tabby from Ahipara school. Great job with this work it is well detailed and shows all the research you have been doing in deep detail. The method looked good and you even included variables. Maybe next time you could add photos? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete