Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Learning New Ways Of A Dot Plot

 Kia Ora lately In Te Ngahere we have been learning to analyze and create a  dot plot. The reason why we did this was so it could help us with the graphing in our science fair.  I learnt how to create a dot plot in my book and how to analyze a dot plot.

We had to look at a dot plot that had the data of how far the kids in room 1 and 2 threw a tennis ball. Then we had to make statements about the tennis balls hoom 2 and Room 1 threw were clustered.

For example by looking at the dot plot from room 1 I could see that the majority of the class threw between 14 and 19 metres. 

The next thing we did was create a dot plot using the data of room 2’s throws. Something I can tell from this dot plot is that more than half of the class threw the tennis ball 10m or more.  I was confused at first because it was new to me.  Also I was confused  how to share my learning using Google Slides. I used to think that a Dot Plot was like a graph and now I know that a Dot Plot and a Graph are different things.  What I think I could of done better in my DLO is explain the range better.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiana I really like your video about Learning New Ways Of A Dot Plot.
    It is so cool! Maybe next time you could check your spelling. Keep up the good work. By Kahurangi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tiana, I'm Samantha from Ahipara School. I really enjoyed reading about new ways of a dot plot. I also really liked how you added a video at the end as well. Maybe next time you could check over your punctuation and spelling. Catch ya later!

    ReplyDelete