Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

A Fun Ride To Kawakawa

  Kia Ora, lately in Te Ngahere we have been learning about the scientific method and how to create our own science projects. We went to Bay Of Islands College in Kawakawa to a science roadshow. We went there because we have a science show coming up and we needed to learn more about it.  We had three activities. Once we got there we had to sit down in the Bay Of Islands hall that a lot of experiments, well we were sitting down in the hall we had to listen to the first show. What I learnt in the first show was about different gases, for example, I learnt gases like Nitrogen Dioxide. I also learnt that carbon dioxide is heavy. The next thing we did was walk around and look at all the exhibits. The experiment that I really enjoyed was a tube that had air flowing through to the top we had three different materials to use to make them float straight up into the middle. The materials were a badminton ball, rubbery yellow tennis ball and a lot of pipe cleaners. We didn’t end up making it float in the middle but it was fun. The last activity was to listen to one more show. What I learnt in that show was that you can do science on anything. How I can use what I have learnt in my science project is by changing one variable at a time so I know what variable I changed to made it work.

Have you ever been to a science roadshow before? 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiana, I liked your blog post about you going to the science roadshow.
    Maybe add some more punctuation. Keep up the good work though.
    By Hayden from Ahipara School.

    ReplyDelete